Choosing the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners for Your Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl plank flooring, otherwise known as luxury vinyl tile (LVT) or luxury vinyl plank (LVP), has become a popular choice for many homeowners today. It offers many benefits as this flooring type is waterproof, low maintenance, non-slip, and easy to install yourself.
However, no matter how low maintenance the floor is, it should be maintained, waterproof vinyl included. The problem is, our busy schedules hardly permit two or three hours of daily upkeep. If you’re one of those people who would instead use the time to relax or catch up with the rest of the family, you definitely need a robotic vacuum cleaner in your life!
OK, let’s say you are already convinced you need some help in the everyday cleaning department, so what now? I suggest familiarizing some of the best choices available in the market. This way, you will know the pros and cons of each model and figure out if you can fit the additional expense in your budget. Of course, if money is not an issue, you can cast a wider net in terms of your options.
But before we examine the best robot vacuum models one by one, consider first the advantages of buying one.
Why Choose a Robotic Vacuum Cleaner to Maintain Vinyl Plank Floors
Why do many people swear that a robotic vacuum is imperative in maintaining vinyl floors, and even most flooring types for that matter? Check out some of the reasons:
- It saves time. Having something automatically suck all the debris and particles away leaves a lot of room for relaxation and family time.
- It is safe. There will be no big canisters and endless cords that could trip a person over. Cords are also serious fire hazards.
- It takes care of different flooring types. Aside from vinyl floors, robot vacuums also do carpets, ceramic tiles, hardwood, and pretty much everything.
- It makes having pets a little less worrisome. I know we love our furry friends like family, but all of the shed hair is nothing less than annoying. A robot vacuum essentially eliminates the need to pick up pets’ hair.
- It’s not thorough cleaning, but it’s pretty close. There is no substitute for a big, manual vacuum when it comes to deep cleaning. But for daily use, which is 95% of what we need, a robot vacuum is as reliable as life, death, and taxes. Its small stature allows it to go and clean under furniture and appliances, something everyone honestly hates to do.
Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners for Vinyl Floors
iRobot Roomba i7+
iRobot is the company that pioneered the robotic home cleaning appliances market and the Roomba i7+ is one of its latest offerings. Featured with the smart navigation system and the remarkable suction power it brings home cleaning to the new frontier – the era of the self-emptying robot vacuums. Several self-emptying models are available on the market today, but nothing changes the game as much as this unit does.
Check out some of its features:
- Self-emptying, meaning it actually cleans itself after it cleans after you.
- Has a triple-filter system
- 0.42 L Dust Bin Capacity
- Works beautifully with Alexa
- Connects to Wi-fi
- Cleans in neat, predictable rows and patterns
- Navigates around obstacles and stairs
The only thing that consumers complain about is the process of connecting the unit to the Wi-fi. Otherwise, everyone loves its features, suctioning power, and quiet operation.